5 Safe Ways to Prevent Stretch Marks at Young Age
Removing stretch marks needs patience and regularity. Here are a few simple tips that will aid in removing or at least reducing the intensity of stretch marks.
Do’s and Dont’s to Get Rid of Stretch Marks:
The indented red, purple streaks on your skin are known as stretch marks. Even if a person is most susceptible to stretch marks, the following tips will aid in reducing the risk of getting the stretch marks and treating the already formed ones.
- Keep your weight under good control.
- Drink ample amount of water and always stay hydrated.
- Eat a balanced diet full of nutrition. Make sure your diet includes Vitamin C, Vitamin E, proteins and Zinc which are vital for good skin.
- Vitamin D is essential for the well being of one’s skin.
- Start treating the stretch marks in the initial stages, thereby preventing them from becoming permanent.
- Include Omega-3s in one’s diet.
- Anabolic steroid usage must be avoided.
- Avoid smoking as they play a vital role in breaking down collagen and elastin fibers in the skin.
- Add food rich in zinc to one’s diet.
- Sudden quick loss or gaining weight can also lead to stretch marks.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
The Apple Cider Vinegar is a rich source of enzymes, vitamins, and minerals vital for rejuvenating the skin. The acetic acid and the malic acid contained in the Apple Cider Vinegar aids in lightening the stretch marks and the scars. Continuous use of apple cider vinegar can reduce the stretch marks within 15 days.
- Take a spray bottle and fill it with apple cider vinegar.
- Spray on the stretch marks at night before going to bed and allow it to dry.
- In the morning wash it thoroughly and apply moisturizer.
- Do this daily at night and within 15 days you will find the stretch marks fading away.
Vicks Vaporub is a surprise package. Apart from treating cold, Vicks Vaporub has many other magical uses. One of them is treating stretch marks. Vicks Vaporub contains essential oils such as Eucalyptus Oil, Cedar Leaf Oil, and Turpentine Oil. Besides it also contains petrolatum and camphor. All these ingredients when mixed together work like magic to make the skin soft and smooth. And while there is no scientific backing to this remedy, people across the world have seen a noticeable difference in the stretch marks with its application. For using Vicks Vaporub on stretch marks follow the following steps:
- Apply the Vicks Vaporub on the stretch marks and massage for a couple of minutes.
- Cover this area with a cling wrap and leave it overnight.
- Repeat this process every night before hitting the bed until your stretch marks fade away.
Vitamin E Oil Capsules:
Vitamin E is the most common ingredient used in most of the creams and lotions available which help in fading stretch marks and prevent skin from aging. This is because of its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that keep the skin healthy and also nourishes the same. Besides, it also protects the skin from UV radiations to a certain extent. Vitamin E heals the scars and stretch marks.
- Take a few Vitamin E capsules.
- With a pin make a small hole and squeeze out the oil in your hand.
- Apply this oil on the stretch marks and massage it for a minute until the oil is completely absorbed into the skin.
- Repeat twice a day until the stretch marks start fading away.
- The results can be visible in 15 days.
Olive oil is known to be a rich source of various vitamins and nutrients. It is known to possess antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. All these properties make it a healthy oil for treating various skin problems including stretch marks. Following is the method to use olive oil in treating stretch marks.
- Take some extra virgin olive oil in a bowl and warm it.
- Apply this warm oil on the stretch marks and massage it for a few minutes until all the oil is absorbed in the skin.
- There is no need to wash the skin.
- Leave it as it is and repeat after 12 hours.
Coffee is rich in caffeine due to which its biological activity is very high. It can easily penetrate the skin. Coffee contains antioxidants which stimulate the degradation of fats below the skin. Scrubbing the same in a circular motion will also enhance the blood flow. All these factors together aid in the lightening of the stretch marks.
- Take some coffee beans and grind it coarsely.
- Mix it with water to make a paste.
- Apply it on the stretch marks and rub nicely in circular motions for 5 minutes.
- Wash the area with warm water and then moisturize.
- You can also mix this coffee powder with olive oil or Aloe Vera gel instead of water for better results.