Simple Tips to Treat Teenage Acne in 10 Days
How to Avoid Pimples from Erupting:
It is better to prevent and prepare than to repent and repair. So before we start with natural tips, let’s go through some of the preventive measures just to try and make sure that one does not fall prey to painful acne. A pimple is an inflamed area on the surface of the skin with pus, which is caused when it is infected with bacteria. Acne, on the other hand, is a result of oil glands of the skin getting clogged. A pimple is a small pustule or papule and can also be said to be a part of acne.
- Keep your face clean.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Never ever pick or pop your pimple. This will end up in multiplication as well as scarring.
- Avoid going out in the sun.
- Avoid dairy products, greasy food, and foods with high quantum of processed sugar.
- Exercise regularly.
- Avoid stress as it may lead to a breakout.
Apply witch Hazel:
Witch Hazel is an extraction from the barks of the Witch Hazel shrub found in North America. It has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties and also contains tannins. Due to these amazing properties, Witch Hazel is used to curing many skin diseases such as eczema, varicose veins, dandruff, bruises, burns, scars and also acne.
How to clear pimples using Witch Hazel
- 1 tablespoon of Witch Hazel
- 1 cup of water
- Mix 1 tablespoon of Witch Hazel with 1 cup of water in a small pan and let it soak for 30 minutes.
- Now turn on the gas stove and bring this mixture to a boil. Simmer it for 10 minutes.
- Let it cool for another 10 minutes.
- Strain this mixture and store it in an airtight container.
- Apply this mixture on the face using cotton swabs twice a day.
- Use home-made Witch Hazel and watch your pimples disappear in 3-4 weeks.
It is important to note here that Witch Hazel prepared at home is the best for pimples. Because the commercially prepared ones may not contain tannin’s which is vital for treating pimples as it is lost during the distillation process.
Exfoliate the Skin Regularly:
Exfoliation is a process of removing the top layer of skin. Exfoliation can be done manually by scrubbing or chemically using chemical peels. With exfoliation, the dead skin is removed, and the pores are opened. As there are no clogged pores, the chances for the occurrence of pimples are reduced to a great extent. Besides the treatment for acne also becomes more effective on exfoliated skin as there is a deeper penetration of the remedy used.
How to make a scrub for treating pimples at home
- Sugar or salt
- Coconut Oil
- Mix equal part of salt or sugar with coconut oil
- Apply this mixture on the face and gently rub the skin in circular motions
- Do this often to keep your pores clean and unclogged. You can do this as regularly as once daily.
- Sugar and coconut oil scrub can cleanse your skin and remove the pimple-causing bacteria resulting in clear skin in 4 weeks.
Fish Oil Supplement:
Omega-3 Fatty Acids have incredible health benefits, and fish oil is a rich source of the same. Fish oil is rich in 2 main types of Omega-3 fatty acids namely EPA and DHA. High levels of DHA and EPA are known to decrease the inflammation significantly and thereby reducing acne. Though there is no specific recommendation for the exact intake of Omega -3 fatty acids it is advisable to take 250mg to 500mg of Omega-3 Fatty Acid supplement every day.
- Sources other than fish oil supplement that are rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acid are walnuts, Chia Seeds, Salmon, anchovies, and sardines.
- With the intake of Omega 3 fatty acids through Cod liver oil supplements, you can treat pimples and acne in less than 4 weeks.
Reduce the Consumption of Dairy Products:
The dairy products expose the body to hormones which lead to hormonal changes in the body the outcome of which is seen in the form of pimples. Reducing the intake of dairy products most importantly milk can reduce the occurrence of acne.
- Research shows that milk and acne have a direct correlation and hence reducing the intake of milk and other dairy products by the ones having an acne-prone skin may help.
- Unless you are lactose intolerant, start consuming fat-free milk products to see your pimples vanishing in 3 to 4 weeks’ time.
Exercising regularly has numerous health benefits. Reducing pimples is an additional benefit of exercising regularly. Regular exercise improves blood circulation. With proper blood circulation, the skin gets nourished and internally healed. Also, exercising leads to sweat and sweat opens the pores which again closes the doors for pimples to appear. Besides, exercise plays an important role in regulating hormones. Hence with whatever reasons the pimples might be appearing on your skin, good exercise has solutions for all.
- It is highly recommended that one must exercise 30 minutes a day for at least 5 days a week. Exercising, be it in any form such as walking, running, hiking, yoga, Pilates, weight lifting, Zumba or any other form must be a part of your daily routine.
- Regular exercising will help in activating the sweat glands and cleanse the pores on the skin. With systematic exercise regime, you can achieve pimple-free skin with 4-8 weeks’ time positively.