Tips to Prevent and Cure Dry Foot Cracks
Most of us are every day on our feet in today’s fast-paced lifestyle, making them prone to skin problems. The skin in the foot area is much drier than any other part of our body by direct exposure to dirt and the absence of oil glands. Dropping winter temperature adds to the problem and causes skin flaking. It can also cause pain and discomfort in cracked heels. Here are 10 natural tips to get silky, smooth feet.
How to Get Rid of Dry Foot Cracks:
Dry cracked heels can look bad and make you uncertain about publicly exposing your feet, making us shy and lowering our confidence. We rarely find time to take care and nurture our feet in our busy daily life. This is how we can include heel care in our regular skin care system.
- Cracked Feet Diet – The diet of a person plays a vital role in the appearance of his skin. To get rid of your dead skin of the feet, you should eat these foods.
- Water – Drink enough water every day to prevent your feet from cracking.
- Essential fatty acids – In nuts and seeds such as sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, avocado and olive oil, these can be found.
- Vitamin A – Goat milk, carrots, vegetables and citrus fruits.
- Vitamin E – Whole grains, nuts and greens.
- Vitamin C – Cauliflower, guava, papaya and berries.
- Zinc –Shellfish, cheese, beef and sardines.
- Stay moisturised – Whether you try to prevent or heal cracked heels, the solution is the same: Stay moisturised. Use at least once a day, perhaps more, a good moisturiser. The feet must be moisturised daily – once in the morning and once at night before bed. This will help you keep your skin fluids, minimise loss and even attract more from the underlying tissues (or even the surrounding environment!).
- Wearing cotton socks to bed– After applying petroleum jelly to the heel, wearing cotton socks to the bed helps keep them moisturised and allows the skin to breathe. After this routine is repeated for a couple of days, the skin on the heels should soften.
- Paraffin wax – If you are looking for faster treatment with longer lasting results, try to treat your feet with a pair of warm paraffin wax boots! In contrast to cold or room temperature lotions, the heated component helps circulate, reduces inflammation and hydrates. After just 10 minutes of treatment, your feet will be silky smooth.
- The easiest way to prevent heels from cracking is to wear comfortable shoes, avoid excessive walking and avoid exposure to pollution.
- You can keep your heels clean and soft by regularly scrubbing with pumice stone and dipping them in warm salt water or water with added lemon juice.
- Relaxing your feet and massaging your foot with oil also prevents dryness and thereby cracked heels.
Epsom salt softens your skin and soothes your feet. In contrast to sodium table salt, Epsom salt is a magnesium sulfate compound. Epsom salt has been used as a healing agent and pain relief for hundreds of years. However, as a detoxifying agent, it is most often added to hot baths and foot soaks and reduces stress. Epsom salt can remove inflammation and body pain from your body. For foot health, this can also be beneficial. Supporters claim that Epsom salt can be dissolved in warm water to reduce gout inflammation, eliminate odor and help treat infection, as well as reducing pain symptoms and promoting healing.
- Follow these simple steps to soak foot with Epsom salt: Fill your bath or basin with warm water until it is sufficiently deep to cover your feet. In the warm water, add 1/2 cup of Epsom salt. Soak your feet twice a week for 30 – 60 minutes.
- For an increase in aromatherapy, add a few drops of essential lavender, peppermint or eucalyptus to your foot bath. After soaking, thoroughly moisturize your feet. This type of soak can cause dry skin on your feet in particular. After an Epsom salt foot soak, be sure to moisturize your skin to prevent cracked skin and irritation.
Within 15 days you will experience a difference in the smoothness of your feet.
Your feet are likely to suffer from dryness and cracking after a summer of wearing flip flops and running barefoot on the beach. If the lotion is not often used to restore baby softness to your feet, opt for baking soda. Baking soda is a reliable method to remove odors from refrigerators and cat litter boxes, but it also plays a role in personal care. The best thing about baking soda is that it is cheaper in the market than conventional beauty products. Baking soda possesses anti-inflammatory properties that help to create ideal pH for the feet, and it will also help to exfoliate skin.
How to cure deep cracked heels using baking soda:
- Fill with warm water, 2/3rds of the bucket and add 3 tablespoons of baking soda.
- Mix well until the baking soda in the water dissolves.
- Soak your feet 10 to 15 minutes in it.
- Remove your feet and gently scrub with a pumice stone.
- Rinse clean with water.
- You can experience a major relief in your deep cracked heels within 15 days of regular soaking.
Neem’s fungicidal and antibacterial properties help to combat infection and relieve cracked dry and irritated skin.
- Wash a handful of leaves from neem and crush into a fine paste. Add a pinch of turmeric and a couple of honey drops to the mix.
- Generously apply and leave for 30 to 40 minutes. Wash your feet with hot water and clean dry. For immediate results, use this daily.
- Experience baby soft feet in just a week’s time with regular use of neem paste.
Essential lavender Oil:
Lavender is one of the best, as it has regenerative, antiseptic and anti – inflammatory properties that help to eliminate dry, cracking skin.
- In warm bath water or your hydrating lotion, you can add a few drops and apply to the heels when you go to bed.
- Remember to wear cotton socks and take some time to massage the oil to absorb the oil effectively. You’ll get the added advantage of better sleep.
- Experience the difference in just 15 days with regular use of essential lavender oil.
Honey and Sugar Scrub:
The antibacterial properties of honey and the exfoliating properties of sugar are an excellent treatment for moisturizing dry and cracked heels.
- Mix 2-3 tablespoons of honey in 4-5 tablespoons of sugar. Massage the scrub gently over the heels and sole.
- You can also make a foot bath by adding a cup of honey to a hot water tub.
- Before going to bed, soak your feet in the bath for 20 minutes and then scrub with a stone of pumice. You can follow these 2 methods twice a week.
- This scrub is one of the best cracked feet remedy, results of which can be seen in just couple of days of use.
You can accelerate your cracked feet healing process in many ways. The most effective ones are to keep your feet well hydrated, not to expose them to pollution, relax your feet, take essential oil foot massages, soak your feet in warm water with some added lemon juice and treat medical conditions, skin problems and obesity. What are you waiting for now that you know how to get rid of cracked heels? For cracked heels, try these home remedies and see the difference. Share your views and experiences in the following comment box.