Simple Tips on How To Get Rid of Open Pores on Face
Our face is the first thing that attracts attention from an onlooker. Every day our skin goes through extremes in weather conditions and pollution. We can protect our hands and other parts of the body by wearing suitable clothes, but our face is exposed and left unprotected resulting in open pores and subsequently develop into pimples and acne. These make the skin dull and tired. How do we get rid of these open pores? Be it a man or a woman, open pores on face and on the nose are equally common. Laser treatment and medications can tighten the pores and shrink them immediately, but might not prevent them. Did you know that simple homemade treatment can not only help you get rid of the pores but also prevent occurrence?
How To Get Rid of Open Pores on Face:
While we get to the remedies, the following are simple lifestyle tips that can speed up tightening of pores –
What to Avoid:
- Consumption of Junk and Fried Food: Junk and fried foods can increase secretion of sebum which results in open pores on nose and face.
- Overexposure to the Sun: Exposure to the sun without protection can damage the skin’s elasticity and collagen which are essential for hydration of the skin. This accumulates dirt on the pores and leads to open pores
- Smoking: The residue of the smoke and tar contained in smoke gets deposited under the skin layers and end up clogging the pores. These are some of the very common causes of blackheads, pimple, and acne.
- Too Much Makeup: Heavy makeup forms a layer on top of the skin pores and prevents it from breathing. This results in a reduction in the natural healing ability of the skin and increases the chance of open pores.
- Stress: “Forgive and Forget” is the mantra to attain a stress-free life. Stress is related to many other chronic diseases and is linked as a very common cause for open pores. One can practice yoga, which would be a good choice to avoid stress.
- Drinking More Water: Keeping your body hydrated is one of the most important lifestyle changes, one should incorporate. One should drink at least 2.5-3 litres of water every day; this keeps the skin hydrated and improves the elasticity avoiding open pores.
- 7-8 Hours of Sleep: Sleeping is a natural state when healing of our body occurs. When we sleep, the body heals itself. Care must be taken to ensure that one sleeps for at least 7-8 hours in a day for good healthy skin
- Following a Good Skin Regime: Use lukewarm water to cleanse your face and dry off with a clean towel. Ensure not to ever sleep with make-up on. If you must use heavy make-up, then ensure that it is removed before going to bed using cotton and a good cleanser.
- Moisturize Your Skin: After every wash ensure that you pat dry your skin and apply a mild moisturizer.
- Invest in a good astringent to remove clogged dirt, especially in the case of oily skin.
Make a Gram Flour (Besan) Scrub:
Gram flour is rich in protein and vitamin B complex. Gram flour is a natural exfoliator and helps tighten the skin and reduces the size of pores. It is most commonly used as a scrub and very effective in treating open pores on nose and forehead.
For this mask you shall need:
- 1 tablespoon of gram flour
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon of curd
- 1 teaspoon virgin olive oil (optional, can be replaced with virgin coconut/ jojoba oil)
How to use it:
- Beat the curd well until it becomes smooth and creamy
- Add rest of the ingredients and beat again to form a consistent creamy paste
- Apply it all over the face and affected areas. Leave it to dry for 20-25 minutes.
- Wash face with lukewarm water. Pat dry using a clean towel.
- Doing this just twice a week will give good results in 15 days.
- Make sure to moisturize the face after the procedure.
Citrus Fruit Mask:
Citrus fruits like oranges, lemon, kiwi, strawberry, etc. are extremely rich in Vitamin C and have high quantities of antioxidants. They are also used as astringents to help tighten the pores and improve skin hydration.
For this mask you shall need:
1 teaspoon pulp/ juice of:
- Strawberry(If not in season replace with watermelon)
How to use it:
- Mix the pulp from each fruit in a bowl and leave it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes (Tip: leaving fruits in refrigerator activates the enzymes and prevents from oxidation)
- Take the mixture and massage on the face using circular motions.
- Leave it to dry for 15 minutes
- Rinse with water. Pat dry using a clean towel
- Repeating this process every alternate day will give wondrous results in a weeks time.
Honey and Lemon Juice for Reducing Pores:
Honey is one of the best sources of natural moisturizer and cleanser for the skin. When mixed with lemon juice, the mixture becomes extremely rich in multivitamins. This not only hydrates and moisturizes the pores but also, tones and reduces the size of the pores.
For this mask you need:
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
How to use it:
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and make a smooth paste (one can see the colour of honey go pale, that is when the mixture is ready)
- Apply all over the face and affected areas. Leave it to dry for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse well with warm water and pat dry with a clean towel
- Repeat at least thrice a week for visible results in a couple of weeks.
Applying Aloe Vera Gel for Removing Pores on Face and Nose:
Aloe Vera is the best natural medicine for skin-related issues. Applying Aloe Vera gel moisturizes the skin. It also helps in tightening of the pores. Using Aloe Vera gels helps in cleaning of the pores which leads to a reduction in open pores.
One can get Aloe Vera gel easily from the market. Aloe vera can be grown easily at home. The gel can be obtained by cutting open the aloe vera leaf and the white gel-like substance can be got. This gel can be made into a paste either by hand or using a blender.
How to Use it:
- Apply the gel on the pores and rub in a circular motion for 2-3 mins
- Leave it on the face for 10 minutes.
- Wash face with lukewarm water and pat dry with a soft cloth.
- Do this daily to get glowing and pimple-free face.
- Within a week you can get rid of open facial pores.