Home Remedies for Teeth Whitening
It is true that visiting cosmetic dentists is the easiest and fastest way to get rid of teeth stains or discoloration. They use specialized strips and fluids for whitening teeth that can quickly eradicate teeth stains. These methods, however, are not healthy in the long run for your teeth. There are many other less expensive and effective methods of teeth whitening that can be tried at home. They cost little and have little or no side effects. These methods can also yield rapid results. You want to know how this can be done? This article has listed all the beautiful home remedies to make teeth white. Read on, please!
10 Simple Home Methods To Get Rid Of Yellow Teeth:
Holy basil is one of the natural teeth whitening remedies. Not only can it whiten your teeth, but it can also provide relief from some gum issues, such as bleeding gums. It’s a great concoction to clean your teeth rigorously. Holy basil leaves can also protect your teeth against problems like pyorrhoea, an advanced form of periodontal disease.
How to Get Yellow Teeth White using Holy Basil:
- Dry some leaves of holy basil in the sun. Grind them in a powder form when the leaves are dry. With your regular toothpaste, mix the powder and brush your teeth.
- Another way to clean your teeth is to make a paste of holy basil leaves and mustard oil.
- A month of regular application and you will see your teeth color changing.
Activated charcoal is one of the easiest and cheapest ways to bleach your teeth naturally. Charcoal is one of yellow teeth best-known home remedies. Charcoal has a powerful chemical based on crystals that whiten teeth. Activated charcoal effectively and rapidly absorbs impurities and whitens teeth. Preventing cavities and maintaining the health of teeth and gums is also helpful. Powdered charcoal brushing allegedly pulls toxins out of the mouth and removes stains from the teeth.
- Mix with your regular toothpaste some charcoal powder and brush your teeth gently. Make your teeth sparkling white twice a day.
- Crush into a powder one charcoal tablet. Sprinkle in your clean wet toothbrush and brush your teeth as usual.
Note- Charcoal toothpaste should be used cautiously because they can cause staining. It may be difficult to remove the charcoal from the teeth’s crevices and around restorations.
- Within 15 days you will be able to witness the change.
Oil pulling is a traditional Indian folk remedy intended to improve oral hygiene and eliminate body toxins. Indians have traditionally used sunflower or sesame oil to extract oil, but any oil will work. Also high in lauric acid, coconut oil is known to reduce inflammation and kill bacteria. Some studies have shown that daily oil pulling, along with plaque and gingivitis, reduces bacteria in the mouth effectively. A study in 2015 found that oil with coconut oil in the mouth could be an effective way to reduce plaque buildup on the teeth because plaque buildup can contribute to yellowing, pulling coconut oil can reduce discoloration.
- Rub with your fingers some coconut oil on your teeth.
- Make sure you’re not swallowing it.
- Rinse and brushing with adequate water.
- Do this for 2-3 days.
- Within a week’s time you will notice a difference in the whiteness of your teeth.
Salt and Lemon:
Lemon juice’s natural bleaching quality removes yellow teeth stains, and the salt acts as a gentle exfoliant. It scrubs off the stains on the teeth that are built up. This remedy is beneficial in removing the buildup of plaque. The gritty texture scrubs the teeth without damaging the enamel. Hence salt and lemon is considered as one of the best remedies to whiten your teeth.
- Mix salt with lemon juice and brush the entire surface of your teeth with a toothbrush. Immediately wash your mouth thoroughly with warm water to avoid any acidic damage. Initially use this remedy every alternate day and once the tooth colour normalizes you can continue to use this mixture once a month as a yellow teeth remedy.
- Within 15 days of regular use you can see a difference in your teeth.
It is one of the best teeth whitening methods for yellow teeth. Banana is a fantastic fruit, rich in flavour and filled with essential minerals such as magnesium, potassium, and manganese that help to reduce your teeth’s dirt and yellowness.
- Cut the peel of the banana into small pieces. Take part and rub it on your teeth. Rub gently for a minute or two all over your teeth. Rinse your mouth with lukewarm water.
- High potassium, magnesium and manganese levels in bananas can help remove teeth stains. Your teeth will whiten after 3 weeks.
All of the home remedies described above are assembled from experiences of people around the world and have hardly any side effects, but it’s different for every individual. So please try the remedy on a small portion, before applying to the whole area. You should stop immediately and make an appointment with your dentist if you experience any pain, irritation or sensitivity while using any of these treatments.