How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks Fast At Home
Most women suffer from stretch marks post pregnancy. However, this is only one of the reasons why stretch marks occur on the body. Whenever our body suddenly gains or loses weight, the dermal layer under our skin gets damaged leading to skin stretch marks. So, even men get stretch marks and so do women who are not pregnant — wondering how to remove stretch marks from the most common areas – tummy, shoulder, and hips? A lot of beauty treatments are being promoted to get rid of those ugly looking stretch marks. But how safe are they? Instead, try these chemical-free home remedies, which are not only safe, but also useful.
5 Tips to Get Rid of Stretch Marks at Home:
Lemon as a Stretch Marks Cure:
Lemon is the simplest way to reduce the stretch marks. Lemon is naturally acidic. Its application on the skin helps in removing the stretch marks, treat acne and reduce scars besides other benefits. Thus lemon can be used easily on stretch marks in this simple manner,
- Take 1 lemon and cut it into 2.
- Rub the cut lemon piece in circular motions on the stretch marks.
- Continue for at least 10 minutes making sure that the juice is absorbed by the skin.
- Wash it with warm water and apply a good moisturizer.
- Alternatively, you can also take the juice in a bowl and add a teaspoon of gram flour to make a smooth paste by stirring it continuously and applying it on the stretch marks.
- Let it remain for 10 minutes before you rinse it with warm water.
Aloe Vera is a wonder plant with miraculous healing properties. It can regenerate the skin tissues. The compounds gibberellin and glucomannan present in Aloe Vera increase the rate of collagen synthesis in our body which is vital in fading away of stretch marks. Its combination with Vitamin A and Vitamin E speeds up the recovery process. Here are the steps to use Aloe Vera for treating stretch marks speedily.
- You will need 5 Vitamin A and 10 Vitamin E capsules along with fresh Aloe Vera Gel.
- Cut open the capsules and empty its contents in a bowl. Add Aloe Vera gel and mix well.
- Apply this mixture on stretch marks and massage well until it is absorbed completely by the skin. Leave it overnight. Do not wash it.
- Continuous daily use on the stretch marks will aid in it fading away within 15 days.
- Continue its application until you get the desired result.
Regular use of turmeric powder is the best way to deal with the stretch marks. Turmeric is known to be a rich source of antioxidants and contains anti-inflammatory as well as skin lightening properties. With the regular application you will notice a remarkable change in your skin as well as stretch marks. Even the deep stretch marks and dark stretch marks can be easily dealt with turmeric. This is how you can use turmeric to do away with the stretch marks.
- Take 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder.
- Mix it with 1 tablespoon of yogurt or fresh cream.
- Apply this mixture on the stretch marks and let it stay there for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the area with water and moisturize.
- Repeat it at least 2 times a day to see the stretch marks fading away.
Exfoliators are skin smoothening and perfecting treatments for the skin. Baking Soda acts as a perfect exfoliator that exfoliates the dead skin making the skin very smooth and bright. It thus lightens the stretch marks. You can use the baking soda in the following manner to treat the stretch marks.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Stir it nicely to make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on the stretch marks and cover it with a cling wrap.
- Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the cling wrap and wash the area with lukewarm water.
- Repeat every day and see magical results in just a week.
Castor oil has been widely used as a home remedy for dandruff, hair fall, and various skin diseases. Castor oil is known to be a rich source of ricinoleic acid, a skin conditioning agent which expedites the healing process of the stretch marks. Regular use of castor oil will make the stretch marks appear lighter.
- Take castor oil and warm it slightly.
- Massage this warm oil on the stretch marks for 15-20 minutes until all the oil is absorbed by the skin.
- Leave it overnight.
- Do this every night, and the stretch marks will start fading in 15 days.
The remedies mentioned above are some of the best tried and tested home remedies to get rid of the skin stretch marks. By including them in one’s daily routine,one will surely be able to see the difference in stretch marks and scars and this will also prevent any new stretch marks from emerging. If you have found our home remedies helpful, please do share it. If you have any other home remedies which can effectively fade away the stretch marks, kindly share them in the comments below.