How to Prevent Split Ends using Home Remedies
Split ends in the beautiful locks come as a nightmare, but the good news is that it is possible to get rid of the split ends naturally and in the most inexpensive manner. Most of the ingredients in these home remedies are readily available in our home, and so we don’t need to go out hunting for the ingredients required for the remedies. Let us explore some of the most powerful and effective home remedies to cure split ends.
Home Remedies for Split Ends:
The first and the best treatment for split ends is using an egg mask. The egg has been widely used for beautifying the hair, so it is of no wonder that it will have a magical effect on the split ends as well. Eggs are a rich source of proteins and fatty acids, which aid in strengthening the hair follicles and make them smooth and less tangled.
How to treat split ends using egg-mask:
- Egg yolk
- Olive oil
- Whisk one egg yolk and add 1 tablespoon of honey and 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil to it.
- Mix all the ingredients well and apply this paste on the damp hair.
- Take care that there are no tangles in the hair already present.
- Let the egg mask sit for 30 minutes before you rinse it off using regular shampoo.
- This mask has a magical effect on split ends which can be visible overnight.
Avocado is a fruit rich in vitamins, iron, potassium, magnesium and various amino acids. All these nutrients aid in restoring life in dull and brittle hair. Besides, Avocado is a rich source of Vitamin H that helps in strengthening the hair and hence it is considered as one of the best home remedies to cure split ends.
How to repair split ends using Avocado
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 1 egg white
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Take 1 ripe avocado and mash it
- Add 1 egg white and mix it properly
- Apply this mixture on the split ends and let it dry for 20 minutes
- Wash off with your regular shampoo
- Within 1 application you will find a difference in your split ends. Repeat once every week to avoid getting split ends in future
Mix together nicely 1 ripe avocado, 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Apply this homemade hair mask on your split ends directly and let it stay for 15-20 minutes.
Rinse off the hair mask with your regular shampoo and notice the difference in your split ends instantly.
This mask has a magical effect on the split ends and you can see an instant difference in a single-use.
Next on the list of home remedies to get rid of split ends is the Shea Butter. Shea butter is a rich source of healthy fats and contains all the nutrition that is required for healthy hair and skin. Besides, the anti-inflammatory properties of Shea Butter aids in the speedy recovery of the split ends.
How to heal split ends using Shea Butter
- Shea Butter
- Apricot oil
- Corn starch
- Lemongrass oil
- Rosemary oil
- Wash your hair and apply the Shea Butter to the wet hair directly. You can do this by applying some Shea Butter on your comb before combing your hair.
- Let it dry naturally. This is the easiest way of curing split ends.
- Alternatively, you can make a special oil by mixing 100gms melted shea butter, 20gms apricot oil, 40gms of corn starch, 20 drops of lemongrass oil and 10 drops of rosemary oil.
- Apply this oil on the split ends several times in a month until you get the desired result.
Banana is a well-known home remedy to treat split ends. Banana is rich in carbohydrates, potassium and natural oils repair the damage caused to the hair really fast. It seals the cuticles and thereby aids in getting rid of the split ends really soon. Also, the natural elasticity of the hair is restored making the hair super silky and soft.
How to end split ends using a banana mask
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons of plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon of rosewater
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Mix all the ingredients together in a blender to make a banana mask.
- Apply this mask on your hair and wait for an hour before washing off.
- Repeat applying the banana mask on hair twice a week and see the split ends disappearing naturally within 15 days without requiring to get your hair cut.
This is yet another excellent home remedy to treat split ends. Papaya is excellent for skin,and it has an equally best result on hair as well. Being rich in amino acids and proteins, the hair grows stronger when administered with papaya. It acts as a natural conditioner for our hair making it soft and smooth.
Natural treatment for split ends using papaya
- Ripe papaya
- Coconut Oil
- Olive Oil
- Take a ripe papaya and a ripe banana and mask them well.
- To this add 1 cup of yoghurt, 1 tablespoon of honey, and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and mix it nicely
- Apply this papaya mask on your hair strands and cover it with a shower cap
- Leave it on for half an hour before you rinse with lukewarm water and mild shampoo.
- Alternatively, you can prepare a papaya mask by mixing 1 ripe papaya, 1/2 tablespoon of honey and 1/2 cup of olive oil and mixing it nicely.
- Apply this mask on the hair for 30 minutes and rinse off with a mild shampoo.
- Both the masks have equally good results on the split ends.
- Repeat it twice a week to see the split ends disappearing in 15 days.
Yoghurt is a highly nutritious food that is good for body, skin and even hair. It is, in fact, one of the best home remedies for various hair problems including split ends. Yoghurt acts as a natural conditioner for hair which moisturizes the hair well and prevents dehydration. The lactic acid present in the yoghurt helps in getting rid of the split ends naturally without having to cut the strands.
How to stop split ends using yoghurt-
- 1 bowl of yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Take yoghurt in a bowl and apply it on your scalp very gently.
- Rinse it off in 20 minutes with warm water.
- Repeat this home remedy twice a week initially for 15 days and see the split ends disappear.
- Thereafter you must repeat it once every fortnight to avoid the split ends reappearing in the future.
- Alternatively, you can prepare a yoghurt mask using by mixing all the ingredients mentioned above and applying it on your scalp and letting it stay for 30 minutes by covering it with a shower cap.
- This method is more effective. You can see the split ends disappearing magically within just a couple of applications
So the aforesaid 5 are the simplest yet the best home remedies to cure the split ends especially you are not ready for the chop. Do share our post if you found it useful. Thanks for reading. Stay tuned as we bring to you more such home remedies on various common issues faced by people in general.