Home Remedies For Cracked Skin on Heels of Feet
Many a times you see a woman with make-up correctly done, not a hair out of place, bags and clothes matched, and think how perfect and organized she is but when you look at her feet, you cross your opinion. We have always tried to make people understand that skin and hair care are not sufficient and one needs to nurture and nourish each and every part of their body. Our feet carry the burden of our daily lives from the moment we wake up to sleep and keep in mind that we have the best remedies for cracked heels right in our home. Just as we need to nourish our face and hair, we need to nourish and hydrate our feet. Here are 6 effective home heel remedies that will help you get rid of dry rough feet.
Home Remedies for Cracked Heels:
Tea Tree oil:
Tea tree oil cleanses and softens the skin after regular use. Tea tree is very common in foot scrubs and lotions, fungal medicine and deodorant. You can mix rosemary oil to hydrate cracked heels and relieve any present pain. Another way to achieve better results on cracked heels is to combine this oil in a warm foot bath with lavender and rosemary before soaking the cracked heels. You can then massage olive oil or almond oil and cover the heels through the night with cotton socks. Remember that tea tree oil can irritate sensitive skin so remember to dilute before using. Essential oils can be very beneficial if used correctly. To enjoy the results one should select high-quality oils and follow instructions for use.
How to cure rough cracked feet using tea tree oil:
- 5-6 drops of tea tree oil, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or olive oil and a pair of socks are required.
- Mix the oil from the tea tree and the coconut oil.
- Apply for a minute or two to cracked feet and massage. Cover it with socks overnight.
- Do this before going to bed each night until your cracked feet heal.
- Within a week of regular massage with tea tree oil you will experience smoothness in your feet.
Oatmeal and Honey:
Oatmeal has anti-inflammatory and hydrating properties to remove dead skin cells and soften the skin. Because of the presence of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, the excessive dryness and the accumulation of dead skin will be eliminated.
- Use 3 tablespoons of oatmeal, 2 tablespoons of honey, and mix well.
- Use it and rub it. Cover your feet for better results and keep it for an hour.
- Rinse and repeat the process, at least 3 times a week.
- Within a month you will notice a considerable difference in the feel of your heels.
Glycerin, Lemon and Rose Water:
These 3 ingredients combined are one of the most effective natural treatments to reduce the presence of dead cells and impurities, while the hydrating properties help repair damaged skin. The acidic properties of lemon juice help to heal raw and dry skin, thereby preventing cracking of the feet sole. The combination of rosewater and glycerin, together with the acidic properties of lemon, is an effective treatment for cracked heels. Glycerin softens the skin (which is why most cosmetic products use it). Rosewater has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties to heal cracks.
- Take warm water in a bowl and add raw salt, 8-10 drops of lemon juice, a tablespoon of glycerin and a teaspoon of rosewater. Soak your feet for about 15 – 20 minutes in this water. Using a pumice or foot scrubber, scrub your heels and sides of the feet.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of glycerin, 1 teaspoon of rosewater, and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Use the mixture on the cracked heels. Since it is a sticky mixture, you can wear a pair of socks and leave them overnight. Wash with
- lukewarm water in the morning. Repeat it for a couple of days until your heels are soft.
- Heal cracked feet using this home remedy within just 15 days.
Banana and Avocado Foot Mask:
When you try to get rid of the dry and cracked skin, this mask is the best combo. Avocados are rich in vitamin E, protect the skin from sun damage and combat the effects of UV damage such as oxidative stress and photo aging (from which your wrinkles come). Bananas are packed with vitamin C, which protects the skin against nasty UV damage when combined with vitamin E. Both are excellent sources of vitamin B6, which can treat different skin conditions and dermatitis, making this really good news for your tired feet.
- Mix a ripe banana and half an avocado.
- Apply this thick, creamy paste to your heels.
- Keep it 15 to 20 minutes and then wash your feet with lukewarm water.
- Within 15 days of applying this foot mask experience soft and smooth heels.
Rice Flour Scrub:
Rice flour helps a lot in getting rid of dead skin cells, avoiding the drying and cracking of your heels. Rice flour re-mineralizes the skin and exfoliates and purifies dead skin which makes it satin – soft. This is how you can use rice flour scrub to treat severely cracked feet.
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of ground rice and to this add a few drops of honey and vinegar from apple cider to make a thick paste.
- You can add a teaspoon of sweet almond oil or olive oil if your heels are extremely dry and cracked. Soak your feet 10 minutes in warm water and gently scrub it to remove dead skin.
- This foot scrub can be used twice a week.
- Even the deepest cracks can wither away in a months’ time.
All the home-remedies described above are assembled from the experiences of the people around the world and hardly have any side effects, but every skin is different. So please try the remedy on a small portion of the skin before applying it to the whole area. If some reaction or irritation occurs then kindly discontinue the use and consult your doctor.