5 Simple Homemade Tips for Oily Skin
There are various reasons due to which your face may secrete excessive sebum such as puberty, pregnancy, stress, UV rays, seasonal changes, hormonal changes,etc. however, there are solutions to it right in your kitchen. Here we will show you how to clean oily face in winter as well as summer and various tips that will help in making it less oily. Let’s explore some of these.
How to Reduce Oily Skin – Some Lifestyle Changes:
The oily skin which is a genetic gift is difficult to be controlled. However,the following are the certain lifestyle changes that will help in reducing the frequency of the skin getting oily:
- Avoid unhealthy food – Avoiding fried and oily foods which are otherwise also not good for health and especially for the skin if you have oily skin. Avoid high sugar foods which are anyway not good for health,as well as processed
- Keep heavy cosmetics at bay – It may seem to be a good idea to hide the oily skin with heavy makeup,but this can make the conditions worse. Heavy makeup on oily skin can easily lead to breakouts.
- Choose cosmetics judiciously – When you know you have oily skin why not go for water-based cosmetics rather than oil-based ones? Look for the non comedogenic products as they are less likely to clog the pores.
- Wash your face frequently throughout the day.
- Use oil control face wash.
Oatmeal is capable of absorbing the excess oil from the skin and also soothing any inflammation that has occurred on the skin. You can also combine the oatmeal with honey, yogurt or even fresh mashed fruits such as banana, papaya or apple for best results.
How to prevent oily skin using Oatmeal:
- Grind ½ cup oatmeal into a fine powder and mix it with warm water.
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey to this mixture and prepare a mask for the face.
- Apply this oatmeal face mask on your face and let it dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water and pat dry your face.
- Alternatively, you can even massage your face with this mixture for about 2-3 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
- Both these methods are equally effective oily skin remedies.
- This oatmeal mask can help get rid of oily skin in just 10-12 days.
It might sound strange,but almonds are not only great exfoliators but also oil absorbers. Ground almond when applied on face, absorbs the excess oil and impurities from the skin making the skin look clearer and oil free.
- Finely grind a handful of almonds to make 3 teaspoons of ground powder.
- Add to it 3 teaspoons of raw honey.
- Mix it properly to make a fine paste.
- Apply this scrub on face and gently massage your face in circular motions.
- Pat dry your face after washing with lukewarm water.
- Alternatively, you can make a face mask by simply grinding the almonds to paste and applying it directly onto the skin.
- Let it dry for 10-15 minutes before you rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
- This is a wonderful face mask for oily skin that can show results in just 10 days of regular use.
Aloe Vera is the skin’s best friend with having a solution for almost all skin and hair-related problems. Besides, we even have scientific evidence to show that Aloe Vera is extremely useful in treating flaky skin that has been caused due to the oily patches. Here is how to avoid oily skin using Aloe Vera:
- Apply a thin layer of freshly extracted Aloe Vera gel on the face before going to bed and leave it on until morning.
- In the morning wash your face with lukewarm water and rinse it off.
- See the glowing and moist skin which is absolutely oil free.
- However, if you are new to Aloe Vera and haven’t tested it on your skin, it is advisable to apply a small amount of it on your forearm and wait for 24 hours. If no reaction occurs then it is usually safe for use.
- A regular use of Aloe Vera can help you get rid of oily skin in a fortnight.
Sea salt may lead to excessive dryness in the skin,and hence it is advisable to use it only once in a week and if you have excessively oily skin then maximum twice a week. It is very easy to use sea salt to get rid of the oily skin from the face. This is how you can do that:
- Take a teaspoon of sea salt and add some water to it.
- Stir it continuously to make a smooth paste out of it.
- Apply this paste to your face and let it dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Later it can be rinsed off with warm water.
- You can get rid of oily skin in just one application,and the results may last upto 1 week. Repeat every week for best results.
Orange peel is extremely useful in getting rid of the oily skin from the face. The orange peel is rich in Vitamin C,and its anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties make it a great combination for treating oily skin and acne. This is
how you can use the orange peel on face:
- Mix 2 teaspoons of dry orange peel with some milk to make a smooth paste.
- Apply this mixture to the face and let it dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the peel from the face by washing it with cool water and pat dry your face.
- Orange peel is extremely effective in getting rid of oily skin, the results of which can be seen within a week of use.
All the home remedies here have been gathered here after getting thousands of reviews from the people across the globe and have done wonders for many. In case of any irritation, please discontinue its use.