Thigh Fat – 9 Best Exercises to Get Slim Thighs at Home
Are you embarrassed by all that excess fat in the thigh areas? We get you! Who does not dream of wearing bright colored shorts and short dresses on vacations? But reducing fat in those areas are not as difficult as you think.
Thigh has one of the most significant muscles attached in your body and hence losing fat from those areas are comfortable as you can get. All you need are big movements and fat burning exercises. If you are clueless on how to go about to reduce fat in thighs, we are here to help you out. Read further as we help you to get rid of excess fat in thigh areas through best exercises and lifestyle tricks in days.
Here are some top exercises to get rid of thigh fat.
How to Burn Fat Around Thighs:
Along with the regular workout routine one can also follow a few changes in their lifestyle which can aid significantly to the weight loss efforts. Below are a few tips and tricks one can develop for a healthy lifestyle.
- Consume low-calorie foods. A low-calorie diet and food are always recommended to aid weight loss efforts.
- Eliminate sugar. Sugar is harmful to the body as it hinders excessively with weight loss attempts and exercises.
- Once you cut down on sugar, your body can work well to reduce and get rid of excess fat..
- Count the carbs you consume. Do not have a lot of carbs daily. Cut down on them and have brown rice instead of white rice, wheat instead of all-purpose flour etc. make tiny adjustments in your diet for effective results.
- Get rest. Have good sleep every day, a minimum of seven hours for resultant peace of mind and rest.
- Do not get lazy. Participate in sports and active schedules for better results.
- Reduce alcohol and go easy on it. Excess of sugar and such contents are stored as fat in the body. Be moderate in their consumption and reduce the amount.
- Have protein-rich foods. They help keep the tummy full for extended periods of time and give enough energy required for the day as well.
Flabby Thighs: Exercises to Lose Inner Thigh Fat:
One of the most popular workouts in the exercise routine for several fitness lovers and enthusiasts are squats. They help work greatly in order to tone down the muscles around areas of thighs, hips and lower part of the body. Further, through wanting to add weights like dumbbells while performing this workout, helps to add intensity to the workout. This exercise helps tone down muscles around the thigh area and helps to aid fat loss through strengthening them down.
- Stand and place your feet wide apart
- Place your legs and feet are parallel to the hips
- Place your hands either in a prayer position or straight parallel to the floor
- You can choose to add dumbbells or small weights to the workout
- Now slowly push the buttocks outwards
- Slowly go down as much as you can
- Make sure your thighs can get parallel to the floor
- Pause a bit for at least twenty seconds when thighs are parallel to the floor
- Slowly rise back up
- Repeat the exercise for 30 reps
Lunges are another popular and well known exercise to tone down muscles near thighs and get rid of fat accumulated around the region. They help make tissues tight and get the thighs into shape in days of starting this exercise. Inculcate this workout in daily routine and you can begin to see how this works wonders to reduce fat near thighs. This is one of the popular forms of exercise routine for several gym goers and fitness enthusiasts.
- Stand straight on the floor
- Place your feet apart parallel to the shoulders
- Put your hands on the hips or you can choose to carry dumbbells as well to add intensity to the exercise
- Step forward for a few feet with one foot at first
- Make sure to keep toes pointing forward
- Drop the back knee and place it straight
- Bend your front knee as well
- Drop down until front thigh is parallel to ground
- Keep knee aligned with the ankle
- Use front thigh in order to push the body backward
- Switch legs now
- Repeat both sides equally
- Do 15 reps on each side at first
- You can choose to increase the pace as you get used to it
Cardio workouts are always good for the overall health of the body. Step or stair climbing is one such popular exercise which augments the efforts for the weight loss exercises through strengthening the overall muscles in the body. They help tone down the lower part of the body effectively especially focusing on legs, thighs,and calves. They help build the strength and tone the muscles down. Further, they work great to improve the stamina and posture in the body in days.
- Climb series of steps in the day, bein the jogging way or sprint style, stair stepping is always a good way to build upon muscles over all
- Inculcate this in your daily workout regime
- Do the stair climbing or stepping for fifteen minutes
- Changing the pace and mixing it all up is good as well.
- All you need to do is change the pace once in a while and slowly increase and decrease for better results.
- Inculcate this and do it for four to five times a week for effective results
Leg raise is another well-known workout exercise which can augment and help in fat reduction in the lower part of the body including hips and thighs. It works wonder to help in strengthening the muscles down and toning them to get back into shape. It helps flexibility in the lower part of the body and improves the posture.
- Lie down flat on a mat
- Place legs straight
- Once your legs are straight, lift them up to the ceiling
- Your buttocks should come off the ground
- You can gradually lower your legs back down.
- Make sure your legs are still above the ground and hold in this position for a few seconds before you get them down
- Raise your legs back up once again to repeat
- Repeat the same exercise and do this for 15-20 reps at beginning.
This exercise targets the abdomen and thigh fat tremendously. It helps and works wonders to tone the muscles down and help to strengthen the muscle parts here. It helps improve flexibility and tones down the lower abdomen and thigh area. It also strengthens the core and stabilizes your mid section and legs in the body.
- Lie on your back on a mat
- Place your arms next to your side.
- Place legs pointed straight into the air above your hip area
- Make sure abs are tight by pressing lower back into the mat
- Lower right leg slowly as you again raise your right leg up, slowly lower left leg in the same manner
- Continue switching between left and right leg
- Do minimum of 15 reps each side
- Make sure you don’t go in a fast pace as it may hurt your lower back during the exercise
- Move in a slow and controlled way and feel stable
There are several natural forms of workout in the exercise routine. One of them is running. Running is one of the best and natural ways to build stamina strengthen the muscles and core and improve flexibility. It helps to increase the heartbeat pace and metabolism in our body. It helps to overall burn fat and hence aid in burning fat near the chest area for men as well.
- Running does wonders to the body as it also works as full body workout once inculcated
- Increase and reduce the pace and speed accordingly every few minutes
- Do not forget to deeply inhale and exhale amidst your run
Planks are prominent and the fitness enthusiasts love it for the wonders it works on the body. It helps to reduce fat in several areas of the body like waist, thighs, and legs. They are well known and quite popular in getting effective results. These are one of the exercises which are heavily followed and relied upon in the present day workout regime. Planks help target the fat as they hit the core muscles and strengthen them. They also help to improve the posture of the body.
- Place your elbow at ground level
- Rest legs and hips on the ground
- Raise the lower part of the body around hip area above the floor
- Place them so that you can make a straight plank position
- As optional, you can also choose to fold your other hand while one hand/elbow is on ground
- Repeat the same once you lower back to original position
- Do 15-25 reps on both the elbows sides
Jumping jack is known to be one of the best full body exercises which help to activate and tone down various muscles in the body. It helps not only to lose the fat near thighs but also strengthens the arms, legs, and core. They also increase the metabolism pace and help to improve posture in the body.
- Stand straight with feet together
- Place your arms next to you at sides
- Jump once and split your legs while you jump
- Make sure you split the legs shoulder width apart while you are amidst the jump
- You should also raise arms above your head while you jump
- Jump again and return to starting position
- Make three sets of 15 reps each for effective results
Cycling enthusiasts are there everywhere. It does wonders to your body through focusing on fat overall and especially leg areas. Through the continuous leg movements, cycling helps strengthen the leg and thigh muscles and improves flexibility. It also helps to increase stamina and pace of metabolism.
- Do cycling every day for half an hour to forty-five minutes
- Inculcate the habit in your regular workout regime
- Increase and decrease the pace for efficient results
- Do not forget to inhale and exhale deeply during your cycling
Best way to reduce weight or get rid of fat around thigh areas is not just in exercises but also a healthy diet. Have a balanced lifestyle and regular exercises to get back in shape. Keep a realistic goal and give it time and have patience to achieve it. Be positive and you can see the results in no time with a healthy lifestyle.